Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Friends...

I had a fantastic afternoon today. After feeding JJ lunch, I put him down for a nap, and left John in charge.

I then went to lunch with two amazing women with whom I don't get to spend nearly enough time. I read someplace that small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas. These women truly are great.

With recharged batteries, I then set off to visit a friend who is fighting cancer for the second time. Even as she is starting to lose her hair again, she's still one of the most beautiful women I know. It was nice to see her in good spirits.

I also got to see her daughter, another good friend of mine. She is quite pregnant with her second child, and I was able to hook her up with some really good deals on some baby gear from some members of my mom's group. It felt good to see her so excited.

Then, I stopped by my former place of employment and visited with some friends. I must admit that I often miss working there. Don't get me wrong, I certainly don't have any regrets about staying home with my son. But they were also my family for quite some time.

Home was my final stop. John had just put JJ in his highchair for a post-nap snack. They were both so happy to see me. I love coming home.

No comments: