I've been rather non-existent around here lately. Life has been coming at me more quickly than I have been prepared to handle. Nothing has gotten really out of control. I've just been too busy to write. The highlights:
* JJ and I are both finally finished with the antibiotics we were given for probable cases of strep throat. Strangely enough, neither of us was actually tested. I guess it's just going around to the point where everybody gets medicated.
* John has a job, but he still hasn't really started working. There are apparently a bazillion hoops to jump through for state contracts, and it just takes a ridiculous amount of time to get started. He's getting paid, but he really hasn't left the house yet.
* My company is purchasing a new building. It's a good thing, as we are really cramped in our current space, however the economy is forcing a dramatic downturn in giving, making it difficult to secure additional funding to support this change. My job is to find the money anyway, which is a rather challenging task to say the least.
* Add to the previous, the fact that we're hosting our first signature event in less than two months, and it's going to be a whopper. I have am amazing committee working on the project (thank God!), but the stress is still there... and looming.
* John's brother is getting married in VA on Saturday. Much of the family is coming down from NY tomorrow. They will be staying with us. Our house is a nightmare.
* JJ is completely potty trained. It took about 5 days. I still have no idea how we managed that.
5 years ago