Sunday, October 14, 2007

Loyalty...

I was in a department store today, and found a huge display full of Ravens apparel, and I started to think about whether or not I should be a fan. I mean, how do you choose? Should I be a fan of the team closest to where I grew up? Or in the state I went to college? Or is where I am currenly living the most important factor? Should I take into account the teams my family members support? Or does John's favorite team take precedence now? I hate the thought of being a fair-weather fan who just supports whichever team is most likely to win. I guess I could choose a favorite player... but what if he is traded? Do I still side with the original team, or does my loyalty make the move as well? Perhaps I should learn from my friend Terry's husband. When I asked her once how he became a die-hard Chief's fan, when he has absolutely no other ties to Kansas City, she just shrugged and replied: "Bob likes red."

1 comment:

Maria said...

I sided with the Husband. Chiefs first, Ravens second.