Tuesday, August 5, 2008

He knows me too well.

For a while now, Pepsi has been airing a commercial featuring their "gift monster", a 60-foot tall abomination made up of things you can win by looking under the cap of your bottle of Pepsi product. In this commercial, a few friends are sitting on what appears to be the porch of a farm house. One of the people opens a bottle of Pepsi, and looks under the cap. Next thing you know, this conglomeration of stuff in monster form wanders out of a corn field, plucks a hat from himself, and hands it to the guy. The guy looks up and says, "Thanks".

After watching the commercial last night, John looked at me and said, with great sarcasm, "'Thanks.' That's what I'd be saying if that thing wandered into our yard."

"I'm pretty sure I'd have wet my pants," I said.

"Of course you would," John laughed, "That thing's made up entirely of FREE STUFF!"

"No, I think something of that magnitude would have me running away," I retorted.

"Maybe," John said, "But not before you asked it for a coupon."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

John is right you know.

A Little Of A Lot said...

LOL, you know he's right

Kat's Credence said...

Oh, that's just too funny!

Marly said...

Yeah, I know. ;)

Nikki said...

Let him have this one sister, it doesn't happen to him too often.

AND POST THAT PICTURE DAMNIT. You BOTH look great in it and you can even ask people to post about the way you look if you don't believe me!!!! But I am right!!!