Monday, January 5, 2009

Before I forget...

Talking with JJ lately can be a bit of a trip. His vocabulary is growing daily, but there are still a few words that he has just a little trouble with. For instance, when you hear JJ ask you for a piss, you might think he is suddenly potty trained. But alas, no. What he wants is a kiss (which, in my opinion, makes the fact that he is indeed not potty trained completely irrelevant).

He also has selective issues with the letter "N". Any coin he finds is a pemmy. And on every page of the book, "Ben's First Ride", JJ is anxious to find "Bem". So it was no surprise that at the pet store this weekend, he was terribly excited to see the bummies!

And I have no idea how Grandpa became Punk, but it's so much fun to see what he'll come up with next.

2 comments:

Kelly Hill said...

Darling!

And as a bit of an embarrassing confession...

HJ started saying "Oh DIT" when he'd get mad. It was always in context so I knew exactly what he was saying. Luckily no one else could understand him. More luckily than that, we've all stopped saying bad words. : )

Nikki said...

I think I'm absolutely fine with Aunt Mikki! How are we doing with that????