Saturday, January 10, 2009

Dear Fisher Price: Really?

Thanks to my friend Kelly and a nifty toy party a while back, JJ is the proud owner of the Fisher Price Amazing Animals Spinnin' Around Musical Zoo. It's a cute little toy that JJ plays with for hours. He likes it especially for its "animal cars" - the elephant, giraffe, and monkey with wheels on their feet.

As a matter of fact, for the first few nights after receiving this toy, JJ actually took the animals to bed with him. Personally, I think they're very cute. And it was a great idea to give each of the "animal cars" another nifty feature - the elephant's head nods, and both the giraffe's and monkey's heads spin around.

But perhaps it wasn't the greatest idea to have the giraffe's head spin ALL the way around.

8 comments:

Kat's Credence said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Casey said...

Hello...that's so he can see where he has been! A very nifty ability to have. Or maybe it's a mommy giraffe, and Fisher Price knows she needs that kind of turning radius on her head to keep an eye on the ruccus caused by the baby giraffes! Or maybe it's just so he can look and see if he wiped enough after he pooped. Oh, that my sons had that ability...

Marly said...

Perhaps this is how this little toy made it through product testing to the shelves... Perhaps my mind has just been trudging the gutter longer than most... Perhaps, like me, you must actually find this toy after JJ has turned the head all the way around, and turn it over in your hand, wondering 'what the heck?'...

Does anyone else see perfectly clearly that this giraffe is most certainly NOT the mommy?!?!

Casey said...

Okay...I see it now. Actually, Mikaela saw it first. I laughed so hard that I cried. Forgive me...I'm a little slow on the uptake, these days...probably all of the paint fumes! Some toy engineer probably did it on purpose...thinking it would be absolutely hysterical!

Kat's Credence said...

I think the shape of the tail is worse than the ability of the Linda Blair head.

Kelly Hill said...

Eeeewwwwww.... I'd rather talk about blogorrhea!

Heidi said...

Oh dear... someone should have seen that one before they put it on the market.

Or not, seeing as I'm very amused by stuff like this...

A Little Of A Lot said...

Oh my !!