Monday, May 19, 2008

By God or bottle, blonde is blonde.

So, I went here, and downloaded a copy of a Barenaked Ladies song from their new children's album, "Snacktime". The title of the song is "7 8 9", and my first thought, given the title alone, was to wonder why they would start so far into the number sequence.

I then started to play it, but missed the first few seconds because the volume on my computer was turned all the way down. But even with it turned up, I really couldn't hear much anyway. The television was on, the dogs were clamoring (you know, like dogs do), and John was talking. So I just heard a little:

"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, ten!"
"What about nine?"
"Seven, eight, nine."


I was thinking the lyrics were kind of strange, when John stopped talking and started to chuckle. "Cute song," he says. I tell him is BNL, and he says, "Cool!" Over-stimulated auditorily (and the commercials were over), I stopped the recording, and went back to watching "The Office".

The next day, I sat down with JJ, and we listened to the song again... right before lunch.

Aaahhhh!

Cute song!

No comments: