Friday, May 9, 2008

I'm what's hap'nin. I'm it!

My dear friend, Penny, over at A Little of a Lot, has tagged me with yet another meme. I'm starting to feel like one of the popular kids!

WHAT I WAS DOING 10 YEARS AGO:

I had just experienced my life being turned completely upside down by a person with whom I was very much in love. And through all of the pain and heartache, I came to know a little more about who I am, and what a relationship means to me. I also learned a lot about the power of friendship, and how, when all you want to do is sit in the dark and cry, it's your girlfriends who break into your apartment with a flashlight and a box of tissues. Oh, and a bottle of wine. Always with a bottle of wine!


MY TO DO LIST / WHAT I ACTUALLY DID RECENTLY:

Things to do:

Help John find a job.

Things accomplished:

Matched sales and coupons to create a shopping list
Shopped 'til I dropped
Fixed lunch and dinner
Emptied, and then loaded the dishwasher
Washed, dried, and folded laundry
Cleaned all three cat boxes
Fed, bathed, clothed, changed, and cleaned up after JJ - repeatedly


SNACKS I ENJOY:

Things with lots of sugar and fat - preferably deep fried.


THINGS I WOULD DO IF I WERE A BILLIONAIRE:

There is a particular non-profit organization I know of that helps adults with disabilities find and perform meaningful work. I have been moved by their clients and their mission. It would be an honor to alleviate their financial burden, and to help them grow. Also, I would travel. And I would take care of those who have ever, in any way, been kind enough to take care of me.


3 BAD HABITS:

I'm not sure if I'm officially a procrastinator, or just plain lazy. Either way, it's bad.
I am an absolutely horrible eater. Those snacks I enjoy? I enjoy them regularly.
I have a tendency to think a little too much with my heart, and not quite enough with my head sometimes.


5 PLACES I'VE LIVED:

Merriam, Kansas
Bemidji, Minnesota
Shawnee, Kansas
Easton, Maryland
Preston, Maryland


JOBS I'VE HAD:

Newspaper Deliverer, Babysitter, Product Sample Hostess, Easter Bunny, Photographer, Car-Hop, Retail Clerk, Day-Care Teacher, Office Assistant, On-Air Personality, Staffing Coordinator, Health and Safety Instructor, Substitute Teacher, Customer Service Provider, Dance Instructor, Nanny, Program Coordinator, Community Inclusion Manager, Development Director, Stay-At-Home-Mom


4 PEOPLE WHO HAVE INTERESTING BLOGS THAT I'D LIKE TO TAG:

Nikki at Notes from Nik
Frozen Star at Under Construction
Carrie at Money Saving Methods
Kjae at Our Many Mumblings

1 comment:

Carrie @ Moneysavingmethods.com said...

Fun posts...OK...I need to start thinking about this before I post.