Sunday, July 13, 2008

It is time.

I received this award a while back, with instructions to pass it on to a few of my favorite blogs. Instead, I held on to it, selfishly savoring it, peeking at it every once in a while, basking in it's glory. In case I haven't mentioned it before, I have an amazing sense of intuition, and I'm thinking perhaps it was telling me to hold on to this award for something special.



The creation of John's The Ultimate Job Search blog has helped bring about exactly what I was waiting for. Friends, both near and far, have chosen to help by passing on John's information. Many of them have posted a link on their blogs, and for that I am very grateful. Therefore, I have decided to award the Excellence in (Friendship and) Blogging award to the following:

* Casey at Casey's Commentary

* Emma at Charming the Birds From the Trees

* Frozen Star at Under Construction

* Kelly at Our Many Mumblings

* Kris at Devine Diaries

* Maria at Zanti

* Penny at A Little Of a Lot

* Stephenie at Zdrojewski Mom

* Tarin at The Keener Family

And these are only the blogs I know about. If you have posted a link, but were not mentioned, please send me a note. I want to be sure to thank you, because your help means so very much to me... to us.

I also want to express gratitude to all of my friends (and lots of people I don't even know) who have posted a link on their MySpace pages, or blasted their email address books, or just told somebody. With your help, John's blog has had over 400 hits in less than three days! And he has received several good leads which he is researching furiously.

For the first time in a long time, we are feeling something other than frustration and depression. It is hope. And for that, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

5 comments:

Kelly Hill said...

Isn't it beautiful to see the reward that comes back to you for being the type of people for others that you would like them to be for you? That Golden Rule thing??!? It's precisely because you are great people that others are willing to step up and lend a hand.

It's so easy to get bogged down with negativity and to view the world and people in general as horrible. I have a renewed opinion of mankind and John's blog outcome is a perfect example of that.

We wish you continued luck. Thanks for naming me as excellent, and on my birthday no less! : )

A Little Of A Lot said...

This post raised a lump in my throat. You know we'd do anything for you guys.

Marly said...

Me too, Penny. ;)

And Kelly... Happy Birthday to You!

Stephenie said...

Awww.. Thanks so much Marly! I really think you guys have an awesome idea and I just know something really great is going to come from it. My husband says don't jump at the first great offer because there will be many to choose from! Thanks again, Im honored.

Casey said...

As am I...and ditto to all of the wonderful things these people have said about you!